Firstly, I was off sick yesterday, so I am about 4 days behind on my
mail/lists, so if this questions has already been asked since your
reply, I apologise in advance...

This is all good if both machines are running, and I have recorded in my
machine migration section of my files, but I have a question along
similar lines...

I backup nightly (lots of various stuff), including the /etc/samba/.
Directory, /home/. Directory, /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/shadow.

If I was required to do a complete restore of my samba PDC, on different
hardware, with only my backups (i.e. I couldn't do the migration method
you mentioned), how would I do it (oh yes, and are I missing any
important files in my backup selection)?

I am just wondering, as I have seen this sort of question mentioning the
SID problem before, and should really make sure my  recovery plan is up
to scratch

Thanks in advance

Max.