PGina may restore some of what you're looking for.  See:
   http://pgina.xpasystems.com/

This project is on my to-do list....

Chris Smith wrote:

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 11:01, Eric Treu wrote:

Can anybody help me. I have come to the conclusion that the one XP
Professional box that I have does not have this problem.

Xteq X-Setup from http://www.xteq.com/products/xset/ can allow some better LAN functionality, at a price - you must enable auto-logons (how insecure can you get?). I've used it with some degree of success on individual's private systems that needed a workable connection to the corporate LAN. I would never use its psuedo "domain" capabilities on the corporate systems.

I don't want
to upgrade, buy, or install XP Professional on all the boxes.

Then they will always be crippled to one degree or another.

HELP.

I echo John T. here. And add that although the OS is badly butchered MS has to at least be somewhat applauded for aptly naming it - the big "HOME" in the title should be a clear clue to all.

-- John Schmerold Katy Computer Systems, Inc 20 Meramec Station Rd Valley Park MO 63088 314-316-9000 v 775-227-6947 f