I am trying join a w2k bo to a samba DC on RH9. I have read that I need to add the computer as a user first then join so I did it via these commands:

adduser myComputer$
smbpasswd -a -m myComputer

Is that all i need to do?

When I join I get the "welcome to the domain message" and then I restart. However when trying to login I get "This systems computer account is not in the primary....." and cant log on.

Furthermore there is a long pause before I get the "welcome to the domain message" message when I join the domain. As a result I used ethareal to look at the packets a found many protocol errors. Such as:

DNS: no such name : _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.funk.com
NETLOGON: SAM Response - user unknown

thanks in advance