Janis Pinkis wrote:
Dmitry Melekhov wrote:

Hello!

I can't add w2k sp3 server to 3.0.1 (cvs from Oct. 6).
I trying to add server with root account and w2k says - "Can't find user name' (trabslation from russian).

btw, I just tried to the same from w2k server sp4 and winxp workstation and got the same error.
The same problem is with today CVS ( I tried on two different Linux servers - with Suse 8.1 and RH 7.3).
And there is no problems with samba 2.2.8a.

Any ideas?

Hi!

That means You dont have a workstations user account in Your local (files or nss) user table. You have to make it by hand or use create machine account script in smb.conf.

Script is created. I tried the same smb.conf on the same machine with 2.2.8a and it works!
Moreover, I manually created machine account by hands.
The same result! :-(