Also, we have the problem of
special files over CIFS - your Win2k server probably will not like
attemptes to create symbolic links.

Hmm. I don't like where this leads... I'm thinking in particular of /tmp... is there no CIFS interface to create windows "shortcuts" or are those so very different from symlinks?

File a bug against this, so it can be tracked.  pick ntlm_auth as the
component (that is where the implementation should start, then put it
into pam_winbind).

Done. Thanks for that piece of advice. =]

Mike

---