On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 06:51, Scott Simmons wrote:
> I'm copying files from an Compressed NTFS partition to a samba
> share.  The files seem to copy over correctly but the applications
> that use them say they are corrupt.  When I uncompress the files
> first I don't get corruption.  Is this normal behavior??

Compare the MD5 signature of the files at each end, but I don't think
you will find the files are different.  More likely is things like
locking.

If the files do appear corrupt, then I would first look into issues such
as networking hardware (it can be quite surprising how much damage a
cheap HUB or NIC can do).

Which version of Samba is this?  You should try Samba 3.0.0.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]