I Have a "nobody" account. However I didn't have that line in there, or rather it was commented out. So, I uncommented it, restarted samba and winbind to no avail. No luck with the magic crystal this time. So that we have a clear distinct crystal, I will paste my smb.conf file. My bad.
Comments removed.
[global]
workgroup = HMS
server string = %h server (Samba %v)
dns proxy = no
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0
security = domain
encrypt passwords = true
passdb backend = tdbsam guest
obey pam restrictions = yes
guest account = nobody
invalid users = root
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
idmap uid = 10000-20000
idmap gid = 10000-20000
template shell = /bin/false
winbind separator = +