On Sat, 2003-11-22 at 05:40, Eric Geater 11/18/03 wrote:
> In a discussion with one of the main answer people, of whose time I am
> greatly appreciative, it was suggested that some of my problem (or
> solution) may be to run Samba on a distro that's better suited for it.
> Problem is, I don't have the time nor the inclination to download a
> bunch of distros just to install, test, fdisk, repeat.
>
> So I ask. what is a recommended recent distro that works well with Samba
> 3?  Drake?  Debian?  SuSE?  RH9?  All answers welcome, with explanations
> or not.

A particular point to consider is the native support for MIT kerberos
1.3.1, or the right Heimdal version.

Fedora Core 1 has this, and I think the latest SUSE does, Debian Testing
and Debain Unstable do have the right krb5, but naturally Debian Stable
does not. In particular, note RH9 does NOT, and this can get in your
way.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  [EMAIL PROTECTED]