On 2003-11-25 at 16:50 +0100 Felipe sent off:
I think everything is well configured, but I'm not a Samba expert. I've read that Samba 3 uses unicode and can deal with different codepages at once, so I don't know what's happening here.

By the way, I've tried with smbclient in the CLI, but I cannot introduce non-ASCII characters there, and substituting with codes doesn't work.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/msg32154.html

take a look if that patch, which adds support for macosxfs solves your problem. It's not in CVS yet ...

Björn