Hi there, running samba 3.0 on FreeBSD (Port revision 1). I'm running Heimel 6.0 for Kerberos Authentication (working properly, tested against the Win2000 KDC), and OpenLDAP (Configured to what appears to be working properly, not sure, ldapsearch does go through the entire Active Directory contents).

I'm going through the Samba HowTo to setting up our Samba 3 with Kerberos against a Windows 2000 KDC. I am at the step of Creating the Computer Account:

#net ads join -U Administrator

It prompts for the Administrator password. Once that was done, it goes straight back to prompt. A secrets.tdb file IS created under /usr/local/private/samba but it doesn't prompt for a trust password or anything (which I was thinking it would do). Of course, the computer doesn't show in Active Directry on the Win2k server.

Does anyone have any ideas or places I can reference to?

Thanks in advance!

Taylor Dondich