Hi

Samba 3 now supports ACLs, it can either use POSIX ACL (kernel level) or a built-in engine (Correct me if I am wrong)

Using the builtin one, I heard many reports of people login in the domain as admins and setting the permissions using the windows file security dialog box. Note that you must compile Samba w/acls to enable this feature.

Hope it helps
Charles Hamel