Give up on the Linux smbfs kernel module (which isn't part of Samba
BTW, but part of the Linux kernel), and try the Linux cifsfs module
instead.  See:
http://www.samba.org/samba/Linux_CIFS_client.html

Is it possible to build or download the cifs module w/o affecting kernel sources? I mean we have strait binary installation of RH9 and kernel is the same as in distibution. Or it is really need to change something inside default RH9 kernel?

It may not solve your problems, but if it doesn't you can go to your local Linux kernel mailing list, or thelinux-cifs-client mailing list for help.