Hi,

I'm using samba as a member of a W2k domain (security=DOMAIN) and
winbind to unify logins with users from the W2k. The problem is that
when I assign an owner user and group to a file/directory in the samba
server the group is not mapped to the name of the group, the user is ok.
Instead it appears the group number.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] fruza]# ls -l
total 8
drwxrwxr-x    2 HGUV+fruza 10000        4096 dic 18 15:21 kk

The group 10000 is "HGUV+Usuarios del dominio", in English "HGUV+Domain
users" however the name doesn't appear. Anyone knows why ?? How can I
solve it ?? It's not very important however I'd like to see the group
name instead the number.

wbinfo -u, wbinfo -g, getent passwd, getent group everytying works ok.

My smb.conf is:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = HGUV
        server string = %h server (Samba %v)
        security = DOMAIN
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        dns proxy = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind separator = +
        printing = lprng

[homes]
        comment = Homes: (%u) (%U) (%D\%S)
        path = /home/%D/%U
        read only = No
        create mask = 0664
        directory mask = 0775
        browseable = No

[Prueba]
        comment = Pruebas (usuario: %u o tambien: %D+%U)
        path = /home/prueba
        valid users = HGUV+fruza, HGUV+administrador
        read only = No
        guest ok = Yes

[tmp]
        comment = Temporary file space