I have a very simple Samba 3.0.1 install without LDAP/ADS/winbind support compiled into it. I have noticed a strange problem with supplementary groups I noticed with Mac OS X (10.3.2). The SAMBA server is using 'ntdomain' authentication.

When someone connects to the SAMBA server and gives their username in uppercase (the OS's default), then none of the secondary UNIX groups the user is a member of is picked up. If exactly the same connect is made, but with the username in lowercase, then the groups are picked up.

I have verified this in debug logs (can post) -- this seems v. odd to me, surely I must be missing something here??