Hi guys,

I am encountering this very strange problem with running of samba (v.
samba-3.0.1-2).  In one occasion, I needed to swap the ethernet cards
between two clients (both Windows CP as well as the IPs according in
dhcpd server.  There was this incident of IP conflict warning on one
client I renewed the IP (after dhcpd restarted) while the other client
still had the same IP.  This was quickly corrected by refreshing this
other client's IP and everything seemed to be ok.

However, after this, in both clients (or other clients that were later
added), My Network Places are always empty without showing any clients
in the workgroup (yes, the workgroup itself shows), not even samba
server itself.  Although it gives empty workgroup content, I have no
trouble at all to ping/browse in the clients between each other and the
server by typing \\IP or \\hostname.  Command "net view hostname" in
Windows XP command prompt also successfully returns shared resources
(folders and printers).  Mapping as network drives directly on the
clients also work perfectly as before.  Here only thing that goes wrong
is the Network Places browsing (and it is quite serious :().

I have tried different way to fix it, without much luck (delete samba
cache, flush DNS and WINS cache in the clients).  I particularly
mentioned the IP change incident since it is what I remember the last
thing I did before this problem pops up.  Except recently I upgraded
from samba 3.0.0.2.

Can anyone here help me with this, any advise and help would be really
great.  I am running out of ideas :(

Thanks alot,
Johnny

smb.conf
======================
# Global parameters
[global]
         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
         pam password change = yes
         encrypt passwords = yes
         max log size = 50
         obey pam restrictions = yes
         passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
         security = user
         unix password sync = yes
         workgroup = MYHOME
         server string = My Server Computer
         netbios name = server
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         hosts allow = 192.168.50.
         # printing options
         printing = cups
         printcap name = cups
         load printers = yes
         show add printer wizard = yes
         printer admin = me
         display charset = UTF8
         # configure server to be a WINS server
         wins support = yes
         name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
         # alert SAMBA to use configured DNS or not
         dns proxy = no
         # allow samba server to broadcast via specified interface(s)
         interfaces = br0
         # configure this machine to be browser server
         local master = yes
         domain master = yes
         preferred master = yes
         # global share drive settings