Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Spencer wrote:
| I am looking at my computer accounts that were created using
| smbldap-useradd.pl -w workstationname. And I see the following
| objectClasses:
| top
| inetOrgPerson
| posixAccount
| sambaSamAccount
|
| I understand I need one structural objectClass, but don't
| understand why  inetOrgPerson is being used.  Couldn't I
| use sambaSidEntry instead?   sambaSidEntry is structural, and
| only requires sambaSID.

it is by convention since a user normally has other
attributes that are desiured such as email, telephone number,
etc...

I understand using inetOrgPerson for my user accounts, but for the computer accounts seems a little strange.

Its not going to break anything changing from inetOrgPerson to sambaSidEntry will it? Solely for the computer accounts.

Spencer