Uwe Laverenz wrote:

Gerald (Jerry) Carter schrieb:

Is the last change time on the password set to 0 by chance?
Please provide more details.

This little question made my day. :-)

I updated all our servers from 2.2.8a+LDAP to 3.0.2 this evening and had the problem that most users couldn't log in any more while my own account was still working. I remembered this little post from you, checked my LDAP-entries and found that the broken accounts all had 'sambaPwdLastSet' set to '0'. I changed them to a reasonable value and all worked fine.

Thank you. :-)

cu,
Uwe

We have hundreds of  ldap entries, and about half of them have this set,
but I swear, that even the ones that didn't couldn't get on...

We can be up for another test run this weekend...