Probably bad form to reply to myself, but it is, I think relevant.

I sat down to work on this problem some more this morning and was unable to log on to 'Silv'. Though it was working yesterday just fine (ie: I was able to log on, run a logon script, etc), today 'Silv' was showing all the same symptoms of 'Plaid'. I removed 'Silv' from the domain, and re-added it without incident. After a reboot, I was able to log in.

I've now gone from merely puzzled, to utterly confused.

--Louis

L.R.Rodriguez wrote:

John,

Both machines have the default Digital Sign and Seal registry settings. 'Silv' was able to join, whilst 'Plaid' was not. I did try, however, disabling the Sign and Seal settings in the security policy and rebooted the machine. Whilst 'Plaid' reported successfully joining the domain, it continues to report the missing machine account error during login attempts.

John H Terpstra wrote:

It sounds to me as if the machine that can not logon has
DigitalSign'n'Seal enabled. You must turn this off with Samba-2.x.

Quick Summary:

I am trying to join some Win2k (Service Pack 4) machines to a NT4 style
domain with a Samba PDC. One machine successfully joins the Samba
domain. One fails.