Hi,

We've recently upgraded from samba 2.2 to samba 3.0.2.a . We used to get
the session name with %U on our samba server. This  name was used when
receiving a fax message for the samba fax. The  name was used to send
an acknowledge message to the user.  In version 2.2 this worked fine ,
also for a windows XP client. However in version 3.0.2a  the %U field is
empty for requests. I've tested it with a  Windows XP client, I don't
know if a problem exists for other clients. Does anyone know the
solution for this problem?

greetings,
Pieter

PS. This is our smb.conf file :

[global]
  ; Public name
  server string = aXs GUARD Server

  ; Negotiate encrypted passwords (special program compilation needed !)
  encrypt passwords = yes

  ; CASE
  ; When new files are created, use the original case if possible
  preserve case = yes
  ; otherwise, use lower case
  default case = lower

  ; PRINTING
  ; bsd type, using /etc/printcap
  printing = bsd
  ; printcap name = /etc/printcap
  load printers = yes

  ; general parameters
  guest account = nobody
  log file = /var/log/samba-log.%m
  lock directory = /var/lock/samba
  share modes = yes
  workgroup = Office
  debuglevel = 0
  dns proxy = no
  ; Geen domain master !
  domain master = no
  local master = no

  ; auto disconnect after 15 minutes inactive
  dead time = 15

os level = 5

  ; was yes till 14/07/98.
  ; setting to yes causes the aXs GUARD to Dial-out !
  wins support = no
  wins proxy = no

  ; default has changed since 2.0.0
  security = share
  ; test for NT4
  ; revalidate = no

  ; to prevent loading all printers for Browse
  ; load printers = no

[homes] browseable = no ; comment = Home Directories ; browseable = yes ; read only = no ; create mode = 0750

[printers]
  comment = All Printers
  printable = yes
  browseable = no
  public = no
  writable = no

; Fax systeem
[fax]
  comment = FAX Service
  print ok = yes
  browseable = yes
  printer driver = HP LaserJet 4/4M PS
  path = /ub/pkg/fax/spool/spool
  public = yes
  writable = no
  ; valid users = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  ; user = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  print command = /bin/sh /ub/scripts/fax-wrap S %s %p %j %U
  lpq command = /bin/sh /ub/scripts/fax-wrap L %s %p %j %U
  lprm command = /bin/sh /ub/scripts/fax-wrap R %s %p %j %U

; Trukken
;
; Voor NT:
;    printer driver = HP LaserJet 4L