I have been using Samba as a print server successfully for quite some time. I have one issue that I can't seem to solve. We use a crappy piece of accounting software that requires the printer be set up with spool settings as:

Start printing after last page is spooled.

If start printing immediately is set, the checks do not print correctly.

On a Windows computer, if I go to \\printerserver and then go inside the printers folder, I can set the driver and default settings for the printer. I can not get the "Start printing after last page is spooled" setting to stick. When I select it, close the dialog and then check the settings again, they go back to the default. Is there a way to accomplish this? I have tried this on just about every version of Samba 3.x up the the latest pre release.

Thanks!

Mike