Hi!

Due to performance problems (old donated hardware) I would like
to move [profiles] service from our Samba 2.2.8a PDC to a seperate
samba server.

1) Is this at all possible and
   1b) how do I make this profile server know all necessary user
       data and file permissions? - Does it simply have to become
       a domain member server? Or do I have to transfer the UNIX
       accounts, too?
or
2) are there better alternatives?

Thanks for all ideas or hints. Please tell me if you need more
information.

Regards,

Uli.