Can someone point me to information on how Samba handles SID History when using
security=ads and changing domains? I've done some prototyping in transferring the
idmaps from old to new SIDs when using an ldap backend, but would like to see a
"recommended practice" if one exists. I'm especially interested in if and how ACLs on
a global share would transfer with the domain change.

BTW: If the LDAP backend has to contain multiple SIDs (the SID history) pointing to
the same uid/gid, this can cause a winbindd crash (Bug #997). So, again, any personal
experience or document references would be appreciated.

Tons of Thanks,
john