Bill MacAllister wrote:
Hello,

I have a Samba 3.0.2a PDC that I have joined server Windows XP machines to. Joining the domain was painfully enough, but now I am having problems with roaming profiles. We initially thought the problem was intermittent, but we finally figured out that if the same user logs in again and again the roaming profile is found and login proceeds normally. When a second user attempts to login to the system the "cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile" message appears. Until the system is rebooted no one that attempts to login, even the user that originally logged in successfully, can load their roaming profile. Is there something else to set on the client other than the "do not check for user ownership of roaming profiles folders" group policy that I have missed?

I've had the same problem with roaming profiles. Do you have "map to guest = Bad Password" in your smb.conf ?

If so try changing it to "map to guest = Never" this solved my problems.

--Wim