Hi,

I'd like to know if this is actually possible, a simple yes or no would suffice, but
any pointers would be more helpful...

I'd like to have windows users within the AD be able to access a linux server share
(having been authenticated by AD), and read / write / execute files within that share
according to unix permissions (obtained by an Open LDAP server running on another
Linux server)

Firstly, is that possible?

Secondly, is this scenario / method unusual?

Thanks

Luke.

A winner every minute of the day - The 24 Hour Drop www.24hourgames.tv

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of ENDEMOL UK plc unless specifically stated.
This email and the information it contains are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you have received
this email in error please notify us immediately and delete the copy you have received
from your system.
You should not copy it for any purpose, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its
contents to any other person. If you suspect the message may have been intercepted or
amended please call the sender.