I've had samba 3.x installed since it came out. It's been working just fine until two days ago. I've changed nothing. (I know, you've heard that before, but I swear it is true) Two days ago my applications started to drag. I putty'd in and saw the smbd process taking over 95% CPU. I searched the archives all the way back to September '03. Manually, I might add. I did not see a "search" button anywhere. What a pain. Anyway, I found a lot of people with the same problem and NO answers. I've restarted samba, then did the Microsoft thing and restarted the whole server. Neither impressed it any. Some replies in the ng refer to damaged .tdb files, but again, no way to fix it.

Does anyone have an answer????????
- Gary