From: Simone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 2:17 AM
To: Michael Andrewjeski; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Samba] Valid users question

        Hi, this worked for me:

        valid users = '@DOMAINNAME\GROUP'

        in my smb.conf I have valid users = '@DOMAINNAME\Domain Users'
and I
        mapped 'Domain Users' to unixgroup domusers.

        Hope this helps

        Ciao

        At 01:05 21/05/2004, Michael Andrewjeski wrote:

                Hi,

                I've a question about the syntax of the valid users
option. Any help is
                greatly appreciated!

                Here is the Background:

                samba 3.0.4
                Linux as Domain Member
                Active Directory, not in Native Mode
                Compiler opions: --with-winbind --with-pam
--with-smbmount

                The goal is to authenticate via the Windows Domain and
allow access via
                Windows groups.

                The syntax in my smb.conf looks like this:

                valid users = DOMAIN\SOMEGROUP

                However, it doesn't work no matter what.

                I can authenticate individual users thusly:

                valid users = DOMAIN\SOMEUSER

                I've read about the "@" "+" and "&"  syntax, but they
only seem to
                represent Unix & Nis groups.

                Is there another way to represent Windows groups? Or is
my config the
                culprit?
                Here's the conf file:

                 smb.conf:

                [global]

                # workgroup = NT-Domain-Name or Workgroup-Name
                workgroup = DOMAIN

                # WINS service
                winbind uid = 10000-20000
                winbind gid = 10000-20000
                winbind enum users = yes
                winbind enum groups = yes
                wins server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

                password server = *

                server string = SAMBA

                log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
                max log size = 0
                log level =  10

                security = domain

                auth methods = guest sam ntdomain

                encrypt passwords = yes

                local master = no

                dns proxy = no

                [SOMESHARE]
                   comment = Some Share
                   path = /d1/articles
                   public = no
                   writable = yes
                   printable = no
                   valid users = DOMAIN\SOMEGROUP

        ----
        Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te:clicca= qui

        Sponsor:

        Clicca qui