Gary MacKay schrieb:

Apparently nobody has a suggestion to why smbd process all of a sudden starts sucking CPU like crazy? Restarted samba and then restarting the entire server does not fix it. Searching the archives shows I'm not the only one with this problem. The archives do not show what to do about it yet. Grr...

Redhat 9.0
Samba 3.04 ( I have 2.2.7 servers that have done this to me also)

Hello,

i had the same problem. Check your groups and bmembers in there. The problem comes, when you have more groupmembers
the users., or if you have a groupmember who is deleted user.

matze