Peter Nyberg wrote:
here's an output. I don't know if one can see anything wrong here. I don't have
the account administrator in the /etc/passwd. Only in ldap.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/local/sbin# ./smbldap-usershow.pl administrator
dn: uid=Administrator,ou=Users,dc=dbb,dc=su,dc=se
cn: Administrator
sn: Administrator
objectClass: inetOrgPerson,sambaSamAccount,posixAccount
gidNumber: 512
uid: Administrator
uidNumber: 998
homeDirectory: /home/Users/
sambaPwdLastSet: 0
sambaLogonTime: 0
sambaLogoffTime: 2147483647
sambaKickoffTime: 2147483647
sambaPwdCanChange: 0
sambaPwdMustChange: 2147483647
sambaHomePath: \\s2\home\Users
sambaHomeDrive: H:
sambaProfilePath: \\s2\home\profiles\
sambaPrimaryGroupSID: S-1-5-21-1027936538-659792286-2162639956-512
sambaLMPassword: XXX
sambaNTPassword: XXX

Oops, did not see your recent post,sorry.

This both attributes should not contain XXX, this means your previous smbldappasswd command did not works. Try using "smbpasswd administrator" or direct modify to ldap entry.

--

--beast