Greg Folkert wrote:

I had a very similar problem. My only fix I could actually find was to
completely remove all of the "generated" samba files (the .tbd files and
such) with samba and winbind not running. Then removing all the machine
accounts out of /etc/passwd, basically cleaning up to look just like
"just installed and never run yet"

Then starting joining the machines again, then using a script to
generate the samba users from /etc/passwd... setting policies proper and
since then (two weeks ago) haven't had any problems.

Unfortunately it is a live environment

I can't remove the accounts :(

I'll try on a test environment