> I've wondered that too. Samba gets better and this list seems to get less useful.

Excellent documentation is now available.  MANY of the questions/topics
routinely posted to this list could be resolved if the posters availed
themselves of that resource.

We've implemented an extensive Samba/LDAP network with integrated DNS &
DHCP - everything required was in the appropriate documentation.

> Good question for the Samba team though... what can be done to enhance support so
> that we (the implementers) can be comfortable using Samba for mission critical apps
> in complex environments (PDC,
> LDAP, etc...) Do we just need the address to have pizza delivered to, or is the
> problem bigger than that!? (aka some sort of RedHat style support company where we
> pay for support)

There are many places to purchase commercial support.  If your in the
Great Lakes region I can provide you with a list of some very competent
companies.