I'm well aware of that. I didn't say new to networking, just windows networking. :)) They both have different names and there are only two pc's, the PDC and the XP client. I've changed the XP machines name repeatedly and rebooted each time as the machine requests and it still doesn't work. I only wish it was easy as the error says. Thanks for your reply though!