Heller, Pablo (Jefe Depto. de Operaciones) wrote:
                Samba Team,

I am trying to use vncviewer on Windows XP to get Linux

screen, I start vncserver in Linux side but I get one new session (not the
real screen currently in use).
> I am currently running Samba version 2.2.8a on pc with Red
Hat 8.0

This is not really a question about Samba, more an FAQ on VNC. For the record, this behaviour is normal - VNC under Linux does not show a duplicate of the console in the same way that VNC under Windows does. However, there is a version of VNC that does - search for the x11vnc package on your distribution.

HTH,

Tony