Hello everyone,

I used to be able to mount an MS NT4 DOMAIN share from a machine running RedHat 9 (Samba v2.2.7a), but after upgrading to WHEL (also tried with SuSE 9.1/kernel 2.6.x running Samba 3 and it appears to have the same problem) (Samba v3.0.4) my samba mount script will no longer work. It successfully mounts the share but I get permission denied errors when attempting to ls -l , df, and/or cd to the mounted directory.

I use the following in a script (which prompts for the password)

smbmount //$SERVER/$SHARE /mnt/smb/$SHARE -o username=$USER,workgroup=$WORKGROUP,ip=$IP,rw

I've also tried adding uid=$UID,gid=$GID (both su and non-su account id's) as well as dmask combinations. I'm sure the answer is simpler than I've thus far ventured to guess, though have just overlooked it. Anyone? Thank you very much in advance.

Ben