Try adding
/ldap ssl = off
to your smb.conf//
/
Brendon Standing wrote:

Hi,

Using samba 3.0.2, I am trying to set up my samba config to authenticate against my ldap server. However I am getting the errors:
Failed to issue the StartTLS instruction: Can't contact LDAP server
I believe that samba is trying to bind to port 636. This is a problem as my ldap server using port 389. Although the option exists in my config to change the ldap port : "ldap port = 389", when I start samba with this option I get an error "unkown option".

PLease help .......

--
Paul Gienger Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc. Information Systems Consultant Fax: 701-281-1322