nina wrote:

Hi I have 2 servers. server 1(Fedora Core 2) shares /Shared with rwxrwx, server2(Redhat linux 9) mount to /Shared from server 1. When I did smbmount from server2, Shared is successfully mounted. I then remove /Shared

Huh? What do you mean remove /Shared?

and recreate /Shared from server 1,

Again sorry, Huh? Please explain precisely.

I started having problem from server 2. when I do mount, it still show Shared is mounted, but when I do ls -l / , it displays /Shared Input/Output error.
I can't unmount /Shared after that. When I try to umount, it dislays can't write superblock. Can anybody tell me what's happening here? How can I fix it? If nothing I can do, reboot the system will umount /Shared?