Hi,
i would sugest a dirty trick to get it:
setup the recycle-module for samba, set the name / repository-option ( depinding on version of samba) to /your/recycle/path/%U , andmake the
repository a veto-file so the users can't see it from windows.
Now your repository has a subdirectory for each user who deleted files from that share, containing the files he deleted.......
now you have solved two problems: you don't have to restore the files
from some backups, and you know whom to punish for the deletion.
Christoph

José Pinteiro da Costa Bisneto schrieb:

Hi,

I small network at my job, and it has a samba server. This server has many shares (one for the home of each user, one for each group of users and one "public" share, that anyone can write to, open any file ou even delete then). Lately, I'm experiencing some problems with malicious users who are deleting all files in the public share, and I'd like to know if there is any setting in samba that can log who deleted any file, and when. I've RTFM, and tried using a higher level of logging, tried the audit and extd_audit modules, to no avail. Does any of you have a tip on how could I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance, José Pinteiro