Yeah. Well. AIX is changing pretty fast these days. Relatively.
I have 4.3.3, 5.1, and 5.2 platforms mostly because of application migration issues.

We're currently running 2.2.8a on all three. Just make sure you're at the most current AIX service release.

This buys time to get the system worked out of migrating to 3.0 with AD membership within the available manpower and manhours. Seems like yesterday 3.0 was announced production ready.

samba was recompiled under each version release to run on that version release. Don't know if that was necessary or not. Just to be safe.

Probably should be using 2.2.11, but I've been spending my samba time on 3.0.

Regards, Doug

Michael Lueck wrote:

Dan Pecina wrote:

Is Samba 2.2.8a compatible with Aix 5.1?

Samba 2.x has been "retired" now. Any reason you would not treat Samba as well as you treat AIX?