Hi,
roaming Profiles are always a little bit tricky,
i totaly forbid caching of them with group policies on workstations. (laptops are allowed)
You can do that with poledit or reg patches,
for your user account :have you tried to delete
the user from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow , /etc/samba/smbpasswd first
and create him once again, a machine musst have a name like
machine$, robopc$.
Normally , having the right entry in the smb.conf , machine accounts can be created on the fly
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g Machines -c Machine -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %u
( create a group Machines here first )
password backend smbpasswd is not longer recomended ( samba Version 3 )
but works still. ( i still use it too on some setups )
Posting your smb.conf would be helpfull for debugging
Regards

vivek raghuwanshi schrieb:

Dear Sir,
please help me i am totally fusutated and plan to
shifted to windows to complete my job. my mail
problems are.
1. The roaming profile of the users are stop working
after some time. and causes a very lots of trouble.

2. i am not able to add new machines when i am add
these and give a password u am receive following error
message.

3 all these are working very well some days ago.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# smbpasswd -a sanjaysoni
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
getsmbfilepwent: malformed password entry (uid not
number)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#

please help me regards Vivek Raghuwanshi
+91-755-3111077