Hi,

I am having an issue browsing my work group, i have made the samba server the master browser and it wins the elections. As far as i can tell from the nmbd.logs it is also collecting hosts for the workgroup but when you try to list the workgroup this error is recorded in the messages log :

nss_wins[7417]: [2004/09/14 09:54:23, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(570)

nss_wins[7417]:   Can't become connected user!

Now all users can use \\server and list the shares and access them all, so all users and passwords are correct.

windows gives the error "Workgroup is not accessible, you might not have permission to use the network resource"

The server is running Fedora Core 1 and samba version : 3.0.6-2.FC1

The best bits of my smb.conf is below, thanks for any help.

Carl Matthews

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2004/06/23 10:15:40

# Global parameters
[global]
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    loglevel = 1
    load printers = No
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = yes
    guest ok = yes
    dos filemode = Yes
    ldap ssl = no
    name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcas
    deadtime = 15
    create mask = 0775
    encrypt passwords = yes
    oplock break wait time = 100
    wins support = Yes
    dns proxy = No
    netbios aliases = FC1
    server string = -Server- FC1
    #unix password sync = yes
    local master = yes
    mangle prefix = 8
    os level = 255
    directory mask = 0775
    valid users = @MLE-ALL
    preferred master = yes
    max log size = 500

[www]
    comment = Mandrake Webserver
        path = /var/www
        valid users = carl
        admin users = carl
        read list = carl
        write list = carl
        read only = No

[homes] comment = Home Directories path = /home/%u read only = No

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    printable = Yes