I am having problems, can join domain, add users, etc, etc no problem using samba 3.0.6 and ldap 2.2.17, have the ldap working fine with samba.

The problem is that I cannot get this to work without having local unix accounts. We are setting up a domain between 32 locations (zero budget) , and of course want to just have our ldap directory replicate itself, not have to add local users. Totally unix pdc/bdcs, not active directory at all.

What is the easiest way to add ldap users without having to add local accounts as well? smbldap-tools is giving me
>failed to perform search; No such object at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 229, <DATA> line 283
errors, even though the conf files seem correct in every which way.

Any help would be appreciated.

MIke