[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello.

I need to allow one of my users to add & delete shares on my Samba server through the 'server manager' applet on his client .

This same user also writes some files to the same Samba server.
I don't want the files that he writes to be owned/written by 'root' .

The way I understand the 'add share command' currently, this is not possible.

Am I missing something?

I think you are right. User can not have more than 1 identity when connecting to Samba. If it's an Administrator everything will be done from the root account.

Igor