Have you tried setting 'use sendfile = no' for the share in your smb.conf?

Igor

Jim Canfield wrote:
Greetings,

I have a Gentoo Linux machine running samba 3.0.7-r2

It's a member of a win2k ADS domain...all that seems to be working fine.

Problem:

When I share a directory on the Samba machine ADS members can see it,
browse it, and even create directories and small text files.  However,
if I try to drop anything large or binary, it lock up the win2k client
for about 2 minutes then resets.

Could this be a socket issue?  SMB logs for that client don't show
anything odd.

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
netbios name = TSHTUX
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=16384 SO_SNDBUF=16384
idmap uid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind gid = 10000-20000
workgroup = TSH
os level = 20
winbind enum groups = yes password server = *
preferred master = no
winbind separator = +
max log size = 50
log file = /var/log/samba3/log.%m