Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
Dear Sirs,

I did the following command (against ldapsam backend):

net groupmap add rid=3002 unixgroup=wheel type=local ntgroup=Marketoids comment=Mm -d 10

I just wanted to add new group. But instead of that I saw many-many-many
records:

lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search(963)
passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_getgroup(2008)

they all wanted to find group with gidNumber=4294967295, yes, sure, there's no such group. I didn't mean to find that group, I just meant to add new one. What's wrong ?

'net groupmap' is used to map a Domain group SID to an existing UNIX group.
If you want to create UNIX group in LDAP you may want to use smbldap tools: /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl <group name>
To add a group and a mapping use '-a' option with smbldap-groupadd.pl script.
To add groups and a mapping via 'net group add' command or with usrmgr.exe Windows utility, add the following line to your smb.conf:
add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd.pl -p "%g"

Please, read Samba docs.
Hope it helps,
Igor