Paul Gienger wrote:

You need to do this to install the server copy of the printer driver. When you run your rundll command with the /in flag, it looks for the driver as it has been installed using (more or less) the procedure above. This is how it's done, not with what you said about 'putting the driver in /blah/X32HP200C'. When you do the install command from a login script there is no 'going there and clicking here', just a status box that disappears all by itself.

No, it doesn't disappear by itself, even if I'm logged into a domain.
I agree, if the driver was installed *before* - now Windows knows that it has it.
But if it's installed for the *first* time, I have this window prompt.

It really sounds like you're not understanding what we're telling you. You need to store the printer driver on the samba server so that when you issue the rundll command, with the /in switch, your client knows what you're talking about. To do this, go to a windows machine that is already on your network, try your personal station, seems to work well for me. Follow through the part that I sent the address to. Really. When you are done, you should be able to run (from your server)

OK, sorry for misunderstanding. Will try that on Manday.