Would anyone care to offer any theories (at this point I'll take whatever I can get) as to why the following happens:

1. w2k boxes can join the domain perfectly, users can logon, life is wonderful.
2. winXP boxes can join the domain perfectly, users authenticate fine, the screen goes blue as if it is about to load up the desktop, the system reboots.
3. Some errors upon relogging in with a local id about a problem with winlogon.exe

Nothing good as far as I can tell in the samba logs, as far as samba is concerned it seems to think all is well. This one is driving me nuts...

Christian