As far as I can tell I should be able to join the domain with the root account (added with smbldap-useradd -a -G 512 -m -s /bin/false -d /dev/null -F "" -P root). But all I get for my efforts is an error dialog "The following error occurred attempting to join the domain 'BI': The network path was not found".

If you're using the stock idealx setup (I believe) that you could be using the Administrator account, make sure that you have the password for that account, change it with smbpasswd if not. Your root user may or may not be set up right, I don't know the syntax of the command off hand.

Try to change your double quotes to single quotes, I believe that has been known to cause issues.

Have you set the password for your manager DN? Does your sambaDomain object exist?

Grasping at straws a bit here since your log doesn't seem to say anything blatantly obvious.

-- -- Paul Gienger Office: 701-281-1884 Applied Engineering Inc. Systems Architect Fax: 701-281-1322 URL: www.ae-solutions.com mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]