Hi all,
I've been trying to write scripts that are triggered by the post_exec command, and`I've found it doesn't act like it sounds like its meant to... it seems that diffrent operating systems let a session with a share close at different points:
- Windows keeps my documents and user profile sessions open until ~15 seconds after the user logs out (don't know about suspend/hibernate)
- windows closes other sessions after ~15 seconds of not having an explorer window/file open in the share
- unix mounts keep session open until share is dismounted

Is there any reliable way of triggering a script to run on the server to run when a user logs out? Maybe when an IPC$ share closes?
Is there any way of affecting the above behaviour at all, from the server's point of view? It would be nice to know when a (windows) user logs out on a machine that isn't the DC for that session, and does not host the user's home directory

any thoughts on this would be very welcome

cheers

JimChuffff