I meant Excel is not having this problem on other shares.

Michael Lueck wrote:

 Michael Wynne wrote:

> After some experimenting I've found that disabling nt acl support
> seems to eliminate this problem, though it creates other
> problems not to have acls enabled. <snip> It's also interesting
> that this does not seem to affect any other file shares on the
> server.

Hang on, checking meaning of your words here...

 Excel has no issue with other shares, or simply the other programs
 that use those other shares are fine... thus neither appliaction
 nor share remained constant between your two comparisions?

 Are your param's to each share equiv, or differences there too?

 I've heard some acl related issues with M$ Office before in
 previous versions... maybe back around 3.0.4 to 3.0.6 range.

-- Michael Wynne