Doesn't matter -- this is a test from the server to determine if the share is in good shape. He was asking as a diagnostic idea.

---- _  _ _  _ ___  _  _  _
|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - User Support Spec. III
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | [EMAIL PROTECTED] - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Jeff Umbach wrote:

Franz Pförtsch wrote:
Do you have tried:

smbclient //<server>/print$ -U <windowsuser>

what is happening?

I tried following the solution in that thread and it didn't help. I can
print to the printers if I install the driver manually, but I cannot get it to install the driver automatically from the print$ share anymore. The "Access Denied" message refers to the printer status.

I am printing from WinXP Pro SP2, not Linux. There are no other Linux systems on this network. All the other Windows computers that already had their printers installed still work but if I uninstall a printer I cannot reinstall it properly.