Hello,

I have big problem with WinXP clients on my network. I tried to find some solution via google, but without success. I have Win2K Server as a PDC and Linux machine as a fileserver. Linux box is joined in domain and all users are authorised against W2K server. When I start WXP client everything works OK. But after about 30 minutes client workstation lost connection to Samba server and only way how to get it working is to reboot workstation. Samba server is visibe in network neighbourhood, but when I try to access network drives, computer freeze for long time and few minutes after show me login dialog or message that drive is not accessible. I really don't know what I can do with it.

Thanx

Rudiik

Tech details:

PDC: Windows 2000 Server SP4
Linux: Mandrakelinux 9.1
Samba: Samba 3.0.2a from samba.org binary packages for Mdk 9.1

smb.conf - global part:

[global]
  workgroup = mycomp
  netbios name = server3